Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why?

Today, as I was stuck sitting in the recliner due to pain and my own stupidity, I decided to find recipes for myself and the DH's menu. I found a plethora of yummy dishes on allrecipes.com, and between the two of us conversing through email we were able to make a fair selection of about 6 or 7 recipes. That got me to thinking...Why didn't we eat like this before my surgery? Why did we eat with the mentality of typical gamers? The answer? I'm lazy and ordering hot wings is so much easier than actually cooking. So, I have decided to nip that behavior in the bud and start cooking.

I am going to catalogue my attempts to find good, inexpensive, easy to make foods that gamers and 'normals' alike can enjoy. My first recipe will be on Monday, November 22nd, 2010. I will be making Broiled Tilapia Parmesan. The recipe claims that the prep work will only take 5 minutes, cooking 10, so a total of only 15 minutes. Even the laziest gamer can spare 15 minutes to cook something half-way healthy. This will be a series of recipes and pictures, so I will be spinning it to it's own blog page. (If I can figure out how to do that using blogspot. If not, then I'll just continue to post them here.)

1 comment:

  1. I love AllRecipes. I'm working on cataloging a bunch of recipes I've found on other sites and in magazines and such. If you want to check out my recipe box, my user name is Mrs. Jones.

    ReplyDelete