Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Addicted to Technology?

Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' collapsed at a USC presentation. Instead of coming to his aide, the students in the audience got out their phones and tweeted about it. Last week a man was murdered in New Orleans and people took pictures with their phones and posted them to the internet. Has our addiction to technology overshadowed our compassion finally?

I will fully admit that I am constantly checking my phone for voicemails, emails, Facebook updates, texts...I am addicted to technology. However, when I find out that a person was murdered and instead of helping, people were tweeting about it and posting pictures of the man as he was bleeding to death, that makes me sick. If someone is hurt I will reach for my phone. To call for help. I will not post it on my page or tweet about it until I know the person has been taken care of my the proper authorities.

Am I in the wrong here?

No comments:

Post a Comment